Highland Park Senior Apartments
- 122,200 sf, 77 one-bedroom units
- Historic Renovation
- Developed by Community Preservation and Development Corporation (CPDC)
- Affordable Senior Housing
- EarthCraft Multifamily Platinum Certification
- Multi-Family Project of the Year Award, Viridiant Sustainable Leadership Awards
Reviving a Building, Creating a Community.
Originally built in 1909 as Highland Park High School by esteemed American Architect, Charles M. Robinson, a century later this historic Mediterranean Revival style structure is reinvigorating an active community of local seniors.
Purchased in 2013 by CPDC, the property was in foreclosure and dire condition suffering from deferred maintenance, outdated/insufficient systems, and vandalism. Three years later, Highland Park is now one of the most sustainable structures on the block receiving EarthCraft’s Multifamily Platinum Certification upon completion.
Balancing energy efficiency, historic preservation, and affordable housing; seniors now enjoy warm apartment homes, multiple lounges throughout, a yoga/fitness studio, and a community theater/gathering space where they can participate in a range of lifestyle programming activities.